All-in-one chicken stir fry recipe with a hint of sweetness from honey.
Stir Fry Ingredients:
- 1/2 – 3/4 pound of chicken tender or breast
- 1 Large Onion (cut into large slices)
- 1 Red Pepper (sliced into strips)
- 1 Broccoli head (cut into florets)
- 10 oz to 16 oz Bag of frozen cauliflower rice
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth or water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Sesame oil (+ more to taste)
- 4 tablespoons rice vinegar (+ more to taste)
- Fresh ginger to taste
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- In a bowl whisk together the sauce ingredients and adjust to taste.
- Cook the cauliflower rice as per instructions and set aside in warming oven.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add the broccoli, onion, and pepper and cook for approximately 4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp, but tender.
- Remove the vegetables from the pan; place them on a plate and cover.
- Wipe the pan clean with a paper towel and turn the heat to high.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of oil.
- Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper and add them to the pan in a single layer – you may need to do this step in batches. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through.
- Add the garlic to the pan and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the vegetables back to the pan and cook for 2 more minutes or until the vegetables are warmed through.
- Pour the sauce mixture over the chicken and vegetables; cook for 30 seconds.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl mix the thickener and add to pan
- Add the cornstarch and bring to a boil; cook for 1 more minute or until sauce has just started to thicken.
- Serve immediately, with cauliflower rice.
Serving (4) Calories: 263kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 65mg | Sodium: 990mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 17gPrint This