It’s very spicy and flavorful, and great on tortillas, and doesn’t even need toppings.
- 3 lbs. chicken tenders
- 2 Tbsp. cooking oil (approximate amount)
- 2 Tbsp. all purpose flour
- 2 poblano peppers
- 2 Anaheim peppers
- 2 jalapenos
- 4 garlic cloves
- 6 tomatillos, husks removed
- 1 large white onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 bunch cilantro, bulk of stems removed
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 2 tbsp. oregano
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place the peppers, tomatillos, garlic, and onion onto a baking sheet. Place the baking sheet in the oven 2 racks down from the broiler. Let the veggies roast for 20-25 minutes or until the veggies are charred, keep an eye on them so they don’t overcook. Let cool down a bit before moving on to step 2.
- Place the veggies into a blender and place the cilantro on top. Place on lid on blender. Pulse until a fine salsa forms, you can make this any texture you desire. If your salsa is too thick to blend up properly, add a splash of the chicken broth from the recipe.
- Add the chicken tenders to the slow cooker. Pour over the salsa, add the salt, pepper, cumin and oregano. Pour over the chicken broth and stir.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 9 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- Shred chicken
- Serve over tortillas with desired toppings, enjoy!
Nutritional values are approximate. The values are for 1/12 of the recipe. Calories: 218kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 75mg | Sodium: 278mg | Potassium: 493mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 2.5% | Vitamin C: 28.8% | Calcium: 2.9% | Iron: 10.8%Print This