A variation on the classis tabouleh salad with barley instead of bulgur. Tabouleh is a delicious Middle Eastern salad that’s very simple and easy to make. Fresh vegetables and finely chopped herbs, mixed with whole grain, lemon juice, and olive oil, make it the perfect salad.
- 1/2 cup pearly barley
- 1 1/2 cups parsley finely chopped
- 2 Roma tomatoes seeded and diced
- 1/2 English cucumber
- 1/2 cup fresh mint chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 1 lemon juice of
- 1 lime juice of
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Bring 1 1/2 cup water to boil and cook the barley in the simmering water for about 20 – 25 minutes until it’s fully cooked. Drain and let it sit to cool
- Add parsley, tomatoes, cucumbers, and fresh mint to the bulgur. Mix well. Cover the bowl and place it in the fridge to cool for thirty minutes.
- In another bowl, mix olive oil, lemon juice, lime juice, salt and pepper and place it in the fridge.
- When ready to serve, pour the dressing over the salad, stir well and serve immediately.
- Tabbouleh salad is best served the same day.