A quick and easy version of the classic as good as restaurant version.
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup basmati or other long grain rice
- 1 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 4 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 – 2 jalapeño or serrano pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 red pepper, finely diced (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add oil to multi cooker on brown setting and wait for it to become hot.
- Add onions, garlic, and peppers and cook for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add rice and continue to cook for another 3 – 4 minutes until the rice starts to toast.
- Add tomato paste to stock and mix well, and add to multi cooker.
- Set cooker to pressure cook on high for 14 minutes. Release pressure immediately when finished.
- Stir rice to fluff, and serve.
For brown rice use two cups rice to 2 1/2 cups water, whole can of tomato paste. Pressure cook for 25 minutes. Turn off and let set for 10 minutes, and then release pressure.Print This